- Do you buy or sell any one product which has a large enough market share to make an impact on the overall market?
- Do you buy, sell or otherwise interact with your competitors?
- Does your sales team cross with your competitor’s sales teams in their day to day activities?
- Do you disclose Competitor prices to get best rates?
If the answer to anyone of those 4 questions is a YES! Then, you are expected to have trained your sales team to BEHAVE in a certain way so that your business does not fall fowl of Competition law.
Why would it matter?
- Because fines go up to 10% of your 5 last years’ turnover!
- Because third parties can sue you for the breach if they suffered prejudice!
- Because you do not want the time spent dealing with authorities nor the negative publicity all this generates!
- Because you do not want your Board to use this example to get you sidelined!
What do you get?
Attendees to this Workshop are expected to:
- Get a good understanding of competition legal principles and how they work in the real world!
- Assess whether any sales they make is in a monopolistic market
- Get the basic Do’s and Don’ts to stay out of trouble with the authorities
This Course is designed for businesses and provides a practical and pragmatic approach to issues.
Sanjeev Ghurburrun is a practising Barrister of 23 years of call. Sanjeev has assisted clients to make representations to the Competition Commission and worked on the creation of the rules of the Competition Commission. He has successfully handled complex merger clearances, cartel defences and abuse of monopoly claims.
|08:00 – 08:30||REGISTRATION|
|08:30 – 09:00|
INTRODUCTION TO COMPETITION LAW AND THE COMPETITION COMMISSION OF MAURITIUS (CCM)
|09:00 – 09:30|
|09:30 – 10:30|
WHAT YOU CANNOT DO AS A MONOPOLY
|10:30 – 10:45||REFRESHMENTS|
|10:45 – 11:30|
CARTELS AND RESTRICTIVE AGREEMENTS ESSENTIALS
|11:30 – 12:00|
DO’S AND DON’TS UNDER COMPETITION LAW AND POLICY
|12:00 – 12:30|
DEALING WITH THE COMMISSION
|12:30 – 12:45||QUESTIONS|
Click here to download the full seminar information sheet.
T : (+230) 202 4000
Parking : Free parking slots are available at Marina Quay in Caudan Waterfront. Get your parking ticket stamped at the Hotel reception after the seminar.
Fee per participant : Rs 15,000 VAT Incl. for the workshop. A special fee of RS 12,000 per person applies to a group of 5 attendees minimum.
Early Bird Offer (Payment made before 15th of September 2018) : Rs 12,500 per attendee and Rs 11,000 per person for a group of 5 attendees or more from the same company.
Only 30 Seats Available.
This seminar is MQA approved and is refundable by the HRDC. The fee includes the course material and refreshments. Payments can be made by cheque or bank transfer. In both cases, an invoice will be sent to you shortly after your registration.
For more information contact Bryan Doorgaya
Tel: +230 210 3838 – Fax: +230 210 3912
Have questions? Our team is here to help. Call (+230) 2103838 – Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm MUT.